Personal Reflection (The Unit)
Roles and The Team
My pre-game roles in The Unit were to create the:
- Missing Person Poster.
- Probull Website.
- Write up Spencer’s Diary.
- And convince my sister that she wanted to be Annie and do a video blog and voice message for us! No, my sister was very good and didn’t take much convincing.
My in-game roles were:
- To be ready with the voice message. Due to my message bank playing up we had to resort to playing Annie’s voice message into Pheobe’s phone. We had tried making it Phoebe’s message bank, but decided it wasn’t clear or loud enough for the game. That was the only technical glitch in our game.
- I was the ‘agent’ that the players met outside O’Clock.
- And I was with Pheobe, Sharani and Grace in staying one step ahead of the players.
The roles and responsibilities were designated fairly and evenly between the team and we were all very good with getting our parts done in time for the next meeting. Our meetings were productive and we used the time to look at the individual sections we had been allotted to make sure that they were all cohesive in design and to discuss what was next to be completed. I am very glad to have been able to meet and work with Sharani, Grace, Natalie and Pheobe.
The Game Itself
The running of The Unit went really well. There were a couple of small glitches (phone message and thinking O’Clock was O Block), but in the end they didn’t hugely effect game-play. After watching the video of the players, it looks like they had a lot of fun playing our ARG and were a bit stumped every now and again. This was good because it forced them to think and meant that our clues where challenging enough.